- Company formation
- Contract preparation and negotiations
- Standard form agreements for day-to-day operations
- All contract types including purchase and sale, commercial leases and intellectual property licensing and transfers
- Data privacy policies and notices
- Contracts and contractual clauses required by privacy laws
- Data privacy and security program preparation and implementation
- Data breach response
- Compliance with GDPR, CCPA, NYDFS and others
My mission is to provide high-quality, professional legal services to enable my clients to reach their goals, to make sure my clients understand legal issues clearly and to help them make informed choices. I treat all legal matters as important because I know that even matters that are routine for me are often the most important thing at that moment for my client.
I began my career in 1978 at the Seattle law firm of Skellenger Bender, focusing primarily on business law and commercial litigation. In 1986 I moved to Morisset, Schlosser, Jozwiak & Somerville, where I practiced business law primarily for Native American tribal clients. Since 1989, I have practiced business law alternately at Dehn Law Office PLLC and as in-house counsel in national companies headquartered in the Seattle area, where I added data privacy law to my main area of practice.
I hold a CIPP/US certification from the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
My wife and I have two grown children and one (perfect) grandchild. We enjoy hiking and travel.
Education: Juris Doctor, University of Washington School of Law; Bachelor of Arts, Western Washington University.
Additional language: Portuguese
Licensed to practice law in the State of Washington